Whether you’re a start-up, micro or small business, if a marketing agency tells you that you could get away with having a one-page website and SEO isn’t worth investing in – they’re talking rubbish.
It doesn’t matter about your company size, Google doesn’t care. But give this search engine just one page and it deliver a be thumbs down when it comes to your rankings.
When we meet businesses to talk website design, our typical advice will include:
- Choose a WordPress website, rather than a bespoke CMS or something more technical such as Joomla because it will give you more flexibility and control, and mean you’re not tied to one development company
- Have at least 10 pages
- Each of your services or products should have its own page
- Include a blog and add new content on a regular basis – sharing via social
- Make sure you install an SEO plugin such as Yoast
- Develop a list of the top 10-15 keyword phrases that your customers would use to find a company like yours
- Allocate each of these words to a website page, using your keyword and associated words within the content and back-end SEO plugin
- Find out what the on-going web costs will be. From maintenance, to website hosting and amendment charges. Make sure you have no hidden financial surprises when you’re website is complete.
For WordPress website design in Basingstoke contact us to discuss your needs – big or small.